Different Types of Furnaces: Choosing a Heating Solution for Your Winnipeg Home
Types of Heating Systems: Pros and Cons
Consider the following popular options for your new heating system or furnace in Winnipeg and chat with our friendly team to get answers to your questions:
- Natural Gas: Natural gas heating systems provide visible efficiency and savings for homeowners. Special consideration should be made for natural gas water heaters and existing chimney upgrades or requirements, since most require a special plastic venting system.
- Electric: Also known as baseboard heaters, this style of heating solution uses electric resistance elements to produce heat. Regulations are in place in Manitoba that limit the electric heating load to 8 to 10 kilowatts on a 100-amp service. An electrician will be able to determine if you will need to increase your electrical service to accommodate this type of heater.
- Geothermal: This power source is more efficient than electric alternatives and has been reported to result in a 70 percent reduction on heating costs over 12 months. Renewable energy sources are used to generate heat for this system.
- Propane: Oil or propane heating is typically installed when access to natural gas is unavailable and it is usually much more expensive than gas or electric options. It requires regular fuel delivery and storage.
- Wood: Wood systems can be very efficient, but a lot of factors and variables contribute to how effective and efficient the system will run. The moisture levels and type of wood fuel used have a big impact. Central systems and space heaters are both available with this power source.
If you are exploring your options for a heating system, work with the experienced team at East Side Ventilation. Our fully licensed contractors can offer advice and furnace replacement in Winnipeg that ensures your requirements for cost, power, efficiency, and control are met. We offer a variety of affordable and reliable furnace options along with trusted repairs and furnace financing in Winnipeg.
Contact East Side Ventilation for furnace replacement in Winnipeg at 204-667-8700 or contact us online today.