Five Clues to Spot Furnace Failures Before it is Too Late!
There are things we do every year like filing our taxes, spring cleaning or going to the dentist. As a homeowner, there are probably a million other things you do yearly and some you know you should do, but don’t.
Did you know that yearly maintenance of your furnace can extend its life and ensure it is operating at peak efficiency? Did you also know that preventative maintenance is often less costly than emergency repairs?
If you cannot remember the last time your furnace was checked by a professional, it probably means it has been a while. Give your local technician for furnace cleaning in Winnipeg a call. In the meantime, here are a few clues that your furnace is on its way out or needs immediate repairs:
- Clue #1: It survived the millennium bug. If it did, it is coming to the end of its natural life. The lifespan for a furnace is about 15 years. Rather than wait for it to fail you when you really need it (when do you not?), you should plan to replace it. Furnace replacement is not a small investment. Like any other home improvement, it should be budgeted and you should know furnace financing in Winnipeg is available to you.
- Clue #2: You are making countless trips to the thermostat. Does it feel like your furnace is not distributing the air properly throughout your house? Bumping the heat does not cut it anymore? You could have a faulty thermostat on your hands, or you could be dealing with leaking ducks or problems with your pilot light.
- Clue #3: Is your pilot light yellow? Yellow indicates that the gas combination of your furnace is not in good condition. You want a blue light. A blue light indicates an ideal gas balance. Keep an eye out for the change in colour!
- Clue #4: Your furnace makes strange noises that keep you up at night. Relax, your house is not being haunted. When your furnace needs repairs, it could start making groaning, banging or whining noises. These noises are often caused by a loose belt or an ignition problem. This could mean your furnace is about to fail.
- Clue #5: Your furnace makes strange noises that keep you up at night. Relax, your house is not being haunted. When your furnace needs repairs, it could start making groaning, banging or whining noises. These noises are often caused by a loose belt or an ignition problem. This could mean your furnace is about to fail.
If you spot any of these clues, do not wait and contact your local company for furnace repairs in Winnipeg. At East Side Ventilation, our team of licensed technicians is one phone call away for all your furnace needs: cleaning, installation, repair, replacement and financing.