Is Your Home’s Furnace Ready for Winter?
Winter is just around the corner. If you don't prepare your home’s furnace, you may find yourself feeling the chill more than necessary.
Undoubtedly, the worst time to find out your furnace needs repairs is when you need it to run on a cold winter’s night. Therefore, now is the time to prepare your furnace while the fall temperatures linger around for a few weeks. Luckily, there are things you can do now so that you have a worry-free winter and a warm, comfortable home for the next few months.
Expert Tips to Prepare Your Furnace for Winnipeg Winters
Some of these you might already know, while others may be new to you. Regardless, you can use this is a homeowner’s checklist to find out how to prepare your gas furnace for Winnipeg winters:
• Turn Up the Thermostat: Now is the time to check your programming on your thermostat and adjust temperatures for the declining temperatures. If you have your settings for summer, you may want to reprogram for temperatures while you are away, at night sleeping, and at home during the winter months.
• Change Your Furnace Filters: You should do this throughout the year, but especially in the winter when your furnace is running continuously. Look at your filter monthly, even if it is one that can last up to 90 days.
• Schedule a Maintenance Appointment: To avoid unnecessary breakdowns and costly repairs in the middle of winter, schedule an appointment to have your furnace cleaning done in Winnipeg. A professional, licensed technician comes to your home and does a multi-point inspection, and also cleans and primes the unit for the winter. Issues can be caught early during a furnace maintenance appointment, which means you are likely to experience fewer breakdown issues later.
• Inspect Your Carbon Monoxide Detectors: One overlooked area of furnace maintenance is the carbon monoxide monitoring inside your home. When you regularly maintain your furnace, you are taking preventative measures that decrease the likelihood of a carbon monoxide leak. However, to continue to protect your loved ones, you should still inspect and change batteries on any monoxide detectors in your home to ensure they are working.
• Consider a Few Winter Upgrades: Winter is the perfect time to do a few upgrades on your furnace too, like upgrading to a HEPA filter rather than a traditional one.
Save Yourself the Hassle this Winter with an Inspection and Cleaning by Your Local Furnace Repair Pros in Winnipeg
Whether you need your seasonal maintenance, or you have concerns about how your furnace is running, contact the team at East Side Ventilation today. We can help you with your annual cleaning and inspection, and our team is ready to repair your furnace if we notice something is wrong.
Furthermore, we have a team ready to dispatch if your furnace stops working this fall or even in the winter.
Schedule your annual furnace cleaning in Winnipeg and surrounding cities with the professionals at East Side Ventilation. Call us today at 204-667-8700 or contact us online to set up a consultation.