What’s the Best Time to Get HVAC Maintenance in Winnipeg?
You depend on your HVAC system to make your home comfortable all year round. It warms you up during Winnipeg’s harsh winters and cools you down in the intense summer heat. You want to keep your system in good condition no matter what the season, but when is the best time for maintenance? Keep reading to find out.
Why you need maintenance in the first place
Air conditioning contractors in Winnipeg agree that maintenance is the key to maximizing the efficiency of your heating and cooling system, prolonging the life of your unit and keeping the air inside your home clean. Like any other expensive piece of equipment, if you want it to last, you have to take care of it. Ignoring maintenance altogether can result in the need for complicated and costly furnace and air conditioner repairs.
What is the best season for maintenance?
The best season to have maintenance on your heating and cooling system is the season right before you plan on using it the most. So, if your air conditioner needs maintenance, then you’ll want to have it serviced in the spring. And if your furnace needs a checkup, you’ll want to get that done in the fall.
There are two reasons for this:
- You want your system to be running at peak performance when you need it the most. No one wants their AC to stop working in the middle of a heat wave. Or the furnace to die when the city is getting hit with a blizzard. Planning ahead will save you from discomfort down the road.
- Rates can often increase during peak times, and it can be harder to get an appointment with an HVAC service specialist. It’ll be easier, and cheaper, to get in gear for the season ahead if you leave yourself plenty of time to have your system serviced beforehand
What type of maintenance is necessary?
Having one of the professional air conditioning contractors from East Side Ventilation come and take a look at your unit is one of the most cost-effective means of prolonging the life of your heating and cooling system. They’ll check for all of the following and more:
- Proper operation of the ignition system
- Clean the condenser coils
- Clean the blower motor
- Clean air vents
- Confirm control circuits are functioning properly
- Clean the heat exchanger
- Clean combustion vents
- Test for leaks
- Tighten any loose bolts or screws
- Inspect electrical wiring
- Lubricate all moving parts
- Change the air filter
Our certified technicians have an extensive checklist of system components to inspect during a service call. We can even do a thorough duct cleaning at the same time. No matter what season you’re gearing up for, you can count on East Side Ventilation to take care of all your heating, cooling and HRV system sales, installation, service and repair needs. Book online now and get $20 off!