In the grips of winter, your whole body feels cold. Chilled to the bone. That’s what they say. Chilled. To. The. Bone. You just want to come inside and curl up on the couch with a cup of hot cocoa and a warm fuzzy blanket. But you can only do that if your heating system is keeping your house warm. Keep reading to find out how you can make sure that your it works properly this winter.
Are you heating the outdoors?
What’s the first thing that crosses your mind when someone stands in the doorway with the front door open in the middle of winter? Oh no! All the heat is getting out! Yeah. Us too. Use the following tips to make sure that you’re not wasting your hard-earned money:
- Weatherstripping—Replace any cracked or frayed weatherstripping around all doors and windows. Weatherstripping can cut down on heating and air conditioning costs by eliminating drafts and locking air inside the house.
- Window film—Applying insulating window film to all of your windows can reduce the amount of heat lost to drafts.
- Keep it closed—Many people occasionally crack the windows during winter to let in some fresh air. While this seems like a nice idea, it can cost you a bundle in extra heating costs. Keep your doors and windows closed and have your furnace and ducts cleaned instead. That way you can improve the air quality inside your house and keep the heat inside.
Call a heating contractor and have your furnace serviced
When your heating isn’t working it can feel like there is no escaping the cold. That’s why it’s so important to have your system serviced before winter sets in. A certified contractor can check the condition of your system and keep it running smoothly by:
- Removing any dirt or debris
- Cleaning your furnace and ducts
- Replacing any filters used
- Inspecting individual furnace components for signs of wear
The contractor will examine each part of your heating system and make sure it is working properly so that you can stay warm in Winnipeg this winter.
Manitoba owned and operated
We deliver comfort. Whether you need help with heating or cooling, East Side Ventilation takes care of all of Winnipeg’s heating, cooling and HVAC needs. Contact us today to schedule an appointment or get a free estimate.